Software Engineer Associate
EnergyWatch is an entrepreneurial, private equity backed provider of energy management services and technology to large commercial and corporate real estate portfolios. EnergyWatch helps clients minimize energy consumption, costs, and emissions and improve sustainability through energy analytics, procurement, utility budgeting and reporting, and real-time consumption analytics.
Through our proprietary cloud hosted energy management platform, EnergyWatch identifies and analyzes the interactive effects of operational and capital improvements on utility supply and delivery costs; measures, verifies, and reports on key performance indicators; and summarizes the results for key decision makers.
We’re always working on cool and cutting-edge tech that will help us build and scale for rapid growth. We’re looking to bring on talented programmers who will be instrumental in helping EnergyWatch achieve this vision!
About the Associate Engineer program:
- This position is for a software engineer role that offers professional development and mentorship for a period of 16 weeks.
- Upon completion of this program and depending on your performance this may lead to a full-time software development position.
- You will work directly with the firm’s Partners and tech team on developing its industry leading energy management and analytics platform.
- Recently graduated from a Software Bootcamp program or Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms gathered from: completing a data structures or algorithms class, coursework, course projects, research, individual projects, internships, or other practical experience inside or outside of school or work (including open source hobby coding).
- Experience in Software Development and coding in a general-purpose programming language such as Java or Python.
Ideal Technical Experience:
- Some experience working on web applications using frameworks – Java Play, ReactJS, Angular, Django
- Knowledge of programming techniques – Microservices, RESTful APIs, OOP
- Some experience with relational DB
- Knowledge of NoSQL concepts with frameworks – Redis, ElasticSearch
- Samples of your work (website, Github, Stack Overflow, etc)
- Explanation of why you’d be a good fit for our company
- Send all of the above to email@example.com
New York, NY