NYECC Energy New York Awards 2015!
- Tribeca Rooftop, 2 Desbrosses Street
- September 30, 2015
- 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
For the past 11 years, EnergyWatch has been intimately involved with the New York Energy Consumers Council (NYECC), the largest energy consumer advocacy organization in New York State. The NYECC participates in the public rate making process on its members’ behalf, helping avoid over $6 billion dollars in electric, steam, and gas rate increases over the last 10 years. Most recently, the NYECC shared success in negotiating an electric rate “freeze” through 2016.
The NYECC was created through the merger of the Owners Committee on Electric Rates and the New York Energy Buyers Forum (chaired by EnergyWatch principal Jay Raphaelson). Currently, EnergyWatch principal Diana Sweeney serves as the NYECC’s Executive Director and partner Andy Anderson serves on the Board of Directors.
Members of the NYECC represent a broad spectrum of energy buyers, including hospitals, universities, financial institutions, residential and commercial property managers, public benefit corporations, energy service companies, and energy consumers or groups of consumers in Con Edison’s service territory. Benefits of membership include:
- participation in the rate making process
- advanced knowledge and participation in proposed regulations and programs (such as REV)
- assistance with Con Edison issues not resolved through traditional avenues
- participation in Con Edison working groups
- networking opportunities to share experiences with industry counterparts and experts
If you’re interested in joining or would like to discuss membership options, please reach out to Diana Sweeney at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-616-5118.
Each year the NYECC honors organizations and/or individuals who have demonstrated exceptional qualities of vision, innovation, and leadership in strengthening the energy reliability and economic competitiveness of New York by presenting them with an ENYA. This year, the following nominees are contending for an ENYA:
- Rohit T. Aggarwala
- Anthony Coleman, Marion-Scott Realty
- Cornell NYC Tech Campus, Roosevelt Island
- Joshua London, Glenwood Management
- NYC Economic Development Corporation – Rise:NYC
- New York Energy Manager Initiative (New York Power Authority)
For more information on the nominees, please click here.
- Beautiful Venue – Join us at Tribeca Rooftop, 2 Desbrosses Street, for fantastic 360o views of New York City
- Great Food – Sushi Bar & Dim Sum Station, Mediterranean Table, Sliders, Pasta, and Salad Stations, Passed Hors D’Oeuvres, and Dessert Station
- Free Drinks – Did we mention it’s a premium open bar?
- Stimulating Conversation – Join NYECC directors, members, and guests from the real estate and energy industries in honoring the nominees and discussing the future of the New York City energy market!
- Where – Tribeca Rooftop, 2 Desbrosses Street
- When – Wednesday September 30, 6pm to 9pm, rain or shine
- Cost – $75 for NYECC members, $125 for non-members
- Dress Code – Business or Cocktail Attire
- RSVP Here!